Thursday, June 25, 2015

Thoughts For Thursday

1. It's birthday party week at our house! It feels strange not to be crafting and making all of the decorations, but we are going much smaller and simpler this year and it's all from the party stores. We only invited immediate family and his close friends, and booked it at a party facility, not the back yard. He even insisted his cake be "a grocery store cake only!"  I may have mourned a little over the cake situation!

2. Nicholas swam for the first time without his floaties on Sunday!  Because I had to be in the water with him, I didn't get any pictures, but he did well. He even got into the deep end on accident and dog paddled his way out. 

3.  Baby sister's canvas scripture came last week. It is beyond perfect! I found it on etsy and it couldn't match any better!
I chose Proverbs 31:25 because it was a scripture my Nana had on her refrigerator for years and the one I read at her funeral. I had actually declared it my scripture for the year 2 weeks before she died and 3 weeks before we found out about Aliza Kate. There was never a doubt what I would hang in her room! 

4.  Speaking of Aliza Kate, I realized this week I only have 59 more work days until maternity leave (including 2 holidays and a vacation day!). Needless to say, that freaked me out a little! There is a lot to do in a short time! Ahhhh! 

5.  Six months from today is Christmas!!! I have such a cute vision of my house on Christmas morning: kids in matching pjs, playing with our new toys, and watching the Disney parade while we wait on family to come in the afternoon. It's hard for me to believe that there will be TWO children posing for pictures in front of our tree this year (and in coordinating outfits of course)!!! And I can't wait!!!! 

6. 

A few weeks ago we were having a lazy Saturday morning and Nicholas laid on my legs and said he wanted to cuddle with his sister. Yes, I almost died right there. I pray he always loves her as much as he does right now. He is so excited and can't wait to be a big brother!!!