Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy Fall Y'all!

We are excited here today!!!  It is FINALLY officially Fall, my favorite season!  It has unofficially been Fall at our house since July 8 (1st day of high school football practice), so we are excited that we now have all of our Halloween decorations and Fall décor out!  I'm looking forward to daily pumpkin spice k-cups, pumpkin patch visits, soups, chili, a lot more football, sweaters, boots, scarves, and Fall candles!

Yesterday was cool and rainy, so I made our 1st batch of our favorite, taco soup, and broke out the pumpkin beer!  It was the perfect football watching day! 

I've never been one for Halloween decorations, but my child is obsessed with the few I have, so it looks like I'll be headed over to Hobby Lobby next weekend for some more!  Haha!  He found my Halloween wreath I always put on the back door and asked to hang it on the front door, so that is what we did.  I didn't get out many pumpkins or leaves, I think I'll hold off on those until after Halloween.  We will focus on jack-o-lanterns for now!  :-)

It is a little pitiful for now, we desperately need to get to the pumpkin patch for some pumpkins and a larger scarecrow!  (Nicholas was obsessed with my little scarecrow I usually put in the kitchen and put him in the grapevine pumpkin, so I guess we will leave him there...for now! Haha!)

Today I meal planned and prepped.  I decided to make some heavier meals this week to celebrate Fall.  We will have chicken pot pie and cooked apples tonight; chili mac tomorrow; leftover soup Tuesday; chicken tetrazzini on Wednesday; ranch pork chops Thursday; and shrimp and crab etouffee on Saturday!  Yum!  This little piggy is excited for our meals this week!  Haha!

Happy Fall Y'all!!!
(Disney Day 2 will be up later tonight!)