Sunday, April 28, 2013

2 Weeks Worth of Recaps

Yes, yes, I'm a slacker once again.  I know, I have a good blog month, then I go MIA again.  Odds are good that the next several months will be fun blog months because we have a lot going on I want to blog about!  Lately there just hasn't been much going on or I've basically been too tired to write about them! Ha!  Anyway, here is what we've been up to the past couple of weeks...

I have a couple of huge praises to report to start out the recap.  My uncle went home after spending almost 2 weeks in the hospital and 3 weeks in inpatient cardiac rehab!!!  That is huge!  We are all excited that he will be able to attend his son's wedding next weekend and that he is doing so well.  We are praying he continues to do well now that he is home.  Also last Friday Michael's grandfather was admitted to the hospital with symptoms that were indicative of a blood clot in his lungs.  After a night in the hospital they determined it wasn't and he was able to go home.  Michael spent the night and all day Saturday with him and we were all relived when they gave the news it wasn't anything bad!

Last Saturday night I tried a new recipe I found on Pinterest.  OMG!  Run, do not walk to the grocery store and get the ingredients to make these fajitas.  Here is the link to the recipe, soooooo worth it!  http://pinterest.com/pin/42221315229344029 It was amazing and my Mexican food critic, Michael asked that I make them again soon!

On Sunday we did a lot of yard work.  The day before Nicholas and I went to Lowe's and stocked up on flowers for planters.  He loves going to the "flower store".
Sunday I went back and bought some Azaleas and wave petunias for the shrub bed.  I am in love with my pretty azaleas and our new sidewalk lights.


This week was a good week, not much to report other than Michael finally got his dream truck!  He has been wanting a 4 wheel drive, off road ready Toyota Tacoma longer than we have been together (well, actually since before he was 16) and he finally got one; complete with fog lights, a rack in the back, and black wheels, just like he always wanted!  I like that he has a truck we can all ride in and that he loves so much.  He is already planning our 1st family camping adventure!

Yesterday was a rainy, cool day so Michael and Nicholas went to our local children's museum with Michael's sister and her husband while I did some things around the house, got groceries, and started shopping for Nicholas' birthday party decorations.  They had a great time and I had a nice day of being by myself and getting some things done without any "help". :-)  Nicholas appeared to have a fun time at the museum!

Just for fun, here is a sneak peak at Nicholas' 3rd birthday party decor.  Think lots of black, white, red, and stripes...

Today we have had another rainy day.  I spent the day couponing, laundry, watching Property Brothers, and made our meals for the week while the boys did this...

Nothing like several GeoTrax sets in your living room!  Haha!  They had fun and that's all that matters! Too bad he now has too many train pieces to fit in his playroom.  Between the overload of pirate toys, books, and trains, I think it's time for a new bigger house...or maybe just time to purge some toys, which is sadly the more practical option! Haha!