Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Being Present

Part of my promise to myself going into 32 was that I was going to do a better job of just being present. I will admit that I am terrible to stop in the middle of a moment with Nicholas after I've taken a picture, or 2, and instagram it, Tweet it, whatever.  I'm trying not to be so quick to do that anymore.  I want to make sure I'm in the moment.  Putting that moment on instagram, Twitter, FB, blog, whatever can wait.  Being present with my family, in THAT particular moment won't wait.  With that being said, I've pretty much taken a blog, twitter, and IG break for the past few days.  It was good to not post much but a few pictures here and there and to step away from social media for a few days.  So, what have we been up to since last Wednesday:

I welcomed 32 in with a bang...a big, fat GI virus!  I woke up at 3:00 last Thursday morning sick and within 2 hours, Michael had it too.  Nicholas and my mom had it earlier in the week, so it was our turn. It took us a good 2 days to get back to normal.  It really took a toll on us!  We kept joking we are too old for that kind of sickness! Haha!

Michael turned 32 on Saturday!  We were born only 60 hours apart, so basically we just share a birthday "week".  We spent the day with his family and everyone came over to our house for a BBQ consisting of smoked ribs, baked beans, potato salad, and vinegar slaw.  It was so good!  The birthday boy definitely did a great job on the ribs!

We had such a fun day, I didn't take very many pictures at all, but my very most favorite moment of the day, and Michael's day as well, was when Nicholas got in our bed and watched TV with Michael.  He told me that to go watch TV on the couch, he was with Daddy!  Haha!  Needless to say, I let him watch for a little while, then off to his bed he went. :-)

Sunday Michael's dad took Nicholas to the aquarium and Michael and I got to have a day just the two of us.  It was such a good day to put our marriage first and spend the day just being together.  We made a day of all the things we love doing, but Nicholas doesn't.  Ha!  We started out eating brunch and drinking mimosas, then went and played some trivia at Buffalo Wild Wings, before finishing up 6 hours later at a  sushi restaurant!  It was the perfect day!  What made it even better was that I ended up in the bed watching TV at 7:30 and out by 8:00!  32 seriously kicked my butt after that virus and not much sleep for a couple of days and hosting dinner on Saturday.

It actually feels good to have a post with very few pictures because there just aren't any!  It was an amazing first few days of being 32 (well, once we got past the sickness part!) and I'm looking forward to a year of being present.