Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Springtime Fail, Mommy Fail and Prayer Updates

Y'all, it has been COLD out there this week!!! Where is Spring?! We have had more snow in the past 3 days than we had all "winter"...and that means a very slight dusting! Ha!  This was the radar on my phone Monday morning. Where was this weather when we wanted it...IN JANUARY?!
I'm hoping for at least a sunny, mid-60s kind of day for Easter, but doesn't look like we will get it this year.  Looks like we are looking at rain and 50s.  :-( I may be putting a long sleeved shirt under Nicholas' sweater vest!

Speaking of Easter, guess who has had a major mommy fail...me!  I have totally forgotten to take Nicholas to see the Easter bunny.  I had planned to do it Saturday, but it completely slipped my mind.  Between work, my sick uncle, and trying to get everything done at home last weekend it just didn't get done and I thought about it around 5:00 Sunday.  IF we can squeeze it in this weekend great, but if not, at least we had his baby chicken pictures made.  :-(

I have a couple of prayer requests tonight:
  • Keep praying for my uncle.  He will be leaving the hospital within the next day or so and hopefully continue to get stronger so that he can possibly get on the transplant list at Vanderbilt.  He has a lot going against him, but we are still hopeful. 
  • Those of you who follow me on Twitter and FB probably saw my updates that a 16 year old who goes to our church and is a student at my dad's school was stabbed in a random act of violence while shopping at a Target in Pittsburgh Monday.  She is doing really well considering her injuries and she updated on Twitter today that she is hoping to go home soon.  I cannot imagine what it would be like to be 16 years old, far from home (her family is there visiting for spring break), go to Target for a normal shopping trip then to be held as a human shield and stabbed in the back.  I am continuing to pray that she continues to heal both physically and especially emotionally. Also pray for Allison and her family as they come home to Chattanooga and try to return to normal.  I worry that "normal" will be difficult for her for a long time.
  • Our neighbors had a freak childhood accident at their house last night and could really use your prayers also.  Their 8 year old son was carrying their 10 month old daughter and tripped causing her to fall and break her femur.  I have been praying all day for this sweet baby and her parents, and her older brother who is devastated over the accident.  This family not only has an almost 8 year old and 10 month old, but also a 2 year old.  My friend Brittney definitely needs your prayers for strength and patience as she cares for a baby in a huge cast and a toddler. 
All 3 of these have helped me keep my life in prospective this week.  I came home Monday afternoon tired and frustrated after a long day, a long meeting at the end of the day that put me at daycare at 5:59 with 1 minute to spare, traffic, and then a burnt dinner in the crockpot.  I was ready to sit down and have a long cry over how "horrible" my day was when I heard about Allison being stabbed.  I then wanted to cry because I was so ashamed that I thought I was having a bad day, but nothing in comparison to what this sweet girl and her family were going through.  Suddenly all of my "problems" seemed so petty.  I had planned to post my meal plan that night, but it just didn't seem right.  All I could do is watch for updates on twitter and FB and pray.  Just another one of those times where God puts things in prospective for you.