Friday, August 19, 2011

Pool Boy

I'm sorry if you are getting bored with all of the details and play-by-play of our vacation, but since I don't have time to scrapbook, this is how I journal our life.  Tuesday morning we started our day around 9 at the pool/splash park.  Nicholas played so hard that I didn't get too many pictures because he wasn't still very long! Ha!
 He actually played so hard for about an hour and a half that he fell asleep sitting in my lap and I even moved him to a chair for another hour and a half nap!  He was so sleepy!
 I thought this was just too cute to not show.  
 After lunch, someone was ready to go since he had a nice long nap right before he ate.  He played hard again.  His confidence started to grow and he started running around under the water and even trying to go under water.  Obviously he scared me to death!

 After we came in and took naps, Michael and I got ready to go out on a date, just the two of us.
 I had heard about the Acme Oyster House in New Orleans from my boss for years and I was excited to hear they opened one in Destin! It was every bit as good as we heard it was!  We had 2 dozen chargrilled oysters and I had the grilled shrimp.  FABULOUS!  I can't wait to go back there again next year! 

I just realized I haven't said anything about something I was really worried about...how Nicholas would sleep in his pack n play.  He did really well!  The first night he woke up a few times, so the 2nd night he slept with us (which was actually the 1st time that has ever happened), but on Tuesday night he did great!  He slept all night and seemed much more rested on Wednesday morning.  Come back tomorrow to see the last day of our trip...