Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dr. Appointment Update

After another LOOOOOOOOOOONG night that was spent with me on the couch and Nicholas in his bouncy seat, I called the pedi office bright and early. They said to be there in an hour! I was thrilled to get in so fast! I pumped real fast and threw clothes on both of us and brushed my teeth and got there with 10 minutes to spare. Whew!

Right before the Dr. came in, Nicholas had an entire bottle, which was good, she got to see him at his finest. The back and neck arching, screaming, wheezing/grunting, and irritable. She does believe he has more of a reflux problem than a gas problem and suggested we start him on 1/2 teaspoon of rice cereal per oz of milk at each feeding. Hopefully that will give the milk some texture and thickness and will eliminate some of the reflux and spitting up. We are also going to start him on zantac. Hopefully between the two Mommy and Nicholas can get some sleep soon!

Thanks everyone for all of the advice and stories about reflux last night and today. You are the best! If N continues to be a good boy this evening, I'll take his 3 week picture and do a post.