Friday, April 3, 2009

TGIF!


As most of you know if you have been reading, I've had a couple of hard weeks.  I am not sure if it is just being back in my house (which was very overwhelming in itself.  I just feel so blessed to have it back in one piece and to how lucky we were) and having time to think, but it has been really hard.  I have also had a couple of bad weeks at work and knowing another birthday and holiday (both in one weekend) without a child, is just around the corner just combines to bring me down.  However, sometimes I think that it can always be worse and that I need to just give thanks for what I DO have.  

God has blessed my life in so MANY ways!  When I get upset or sad, my supportive husband is there to pick me up.  God knew what He was doing when he put someone so laid back in my highstrung life!  There are so many that do not have parents like I do.  When I get frustrated with them I try to remember that they care and that is why they are they way they are sometimes.  When I worry about paying the bills or upset about things that I need to replace from the fire, I remember that at least I have a home that is mine and almost all of our belongings.  It was the most overwhelming experience the day we moved in and I realized that we came so close to losing everything we had.  When I get stressed at work, I praise God that I have a job that so many do not have.  I have been blessed with amazing friends that without them, I would not be able to make it some days.  I cannot imagine what it would be like to live a life without friends (that includes you blogger friends too!).  

So, when you start to feel down or sad, try to remember the good things happening in your life as well as the sad.  I know that sometimes the sad outweigh the happy, but it does help to praise God for the blessings too!

9 comments:

DylKat said...

It's great to be reminded to just stop and be thanful for what you DO have sometimes so Thank You for that reminder:)

~Holly

Kendra said...

I am so, so with you!!! The Lord was talking to me about this very same thing this morning!!!

Jenn said...

Yes, I do need to remember that even though I have to go back to work and leave my baby, at least I have a job and am able to provide for her.

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you are able to see the good even in the hard times! I'm praying for great days ahead for you! I know there will be!

Lauren said...

Awww, thanks for this, Amanda, and the reminder to be thankful in ALL things!!! :o)

Beth said...

It is the truth. You don't have to look very far to find someone worse off than you. I remind myself of that every time I feel blue.

Beth in Orlando

Kelli said...

I feel blessed to have "met" you! You're positive attitude is inspiring!

Meagan said...

Great reminder!!! :-) Hope things start looking up soon!

Kristen and Andy said...

Hi - I've been following your blog for a couple months now - but I think this is the first time commenting. Just wanted to let you know that through everything that you have been through with infertility and almost losing your house - you are such a brave and strong person. I too have walked the infertility path (over 2+ years of trying and numerous tests)and it was one of the toughest and lonliest times in my life - and there was nothing anyone could say to make it better. I did come to realize and have faith that there was a plan in place for me and for me to just be patient and it would work out how it was supposed to be - whatever way that was.

Oh - and I just wanted to add that your 'new' house looks great - love the style :)