Monday, May 11, 2015

A Name For Baby Sister


Aliza Kate Ledford 

How did we chose this name? 
With a name like Amanda in the 1980s, I was always one of 2 or 3 Amanda's in my class and same with Michael. We both wanted to name our children names that weren't quite so popular. 

When I was in college I was a nanny for a little girl named Aliza. I loved her name from the moment I met her. It was classic, yet unique and this sweet child made a lasting impression on my life. I kept her for three years and when I got married she was the junior maid of honor. 
She is now almost 19 years old, a good student, and a college athlete. If our baby Aliza is half as wonderful as she is, we are lucky parents! 

Kate was just a name we liked for a middle name. We debated about 3 different middle name combinations, but liked Aliza Kate the best. Nicholas also voted for Kate, so that was the deciding vote!  

Now that she has a name, we are beginning to plan her nursery and hopefully will be ordering her bedding soon!