Tuesday, April 30, 2013

5 Year Of Blogging

I realized over the weekend that I have been blogging for 5 years now. I began blogging on Michael's birthday in 2008. I began on an old Mac account and found it to be a great outlet for my frustration as we began to see that our road to a family was not going to be easy. That blog saw our 1st year trying to have a baby come and go and it was the place where I met several of my "blog friends". Then we had our fire in December of 2008 and I wasn't able to access it without my iMac, so This blog was born.

I continued to use my blog as an outlet in my darkest days and I continued to meet some amazing friends that are still with me today. I found comfort in reading about the same struggles many other women were facing with infertility and it made me feel like I was not so alone. One of my favorite weeks ever on my blog was my Mother's Day 2009 series for those of us still waiting. You can read it by scrolling here.

When God gave us our little miracle, my blog became the place I came to scrapbook all of my pregnancy milestones and to document Nicholas' story along the way from day 1. I cannot wait until he is old enough to read about his story and how it started 2 years before we had him! I am thankful I have my emotions, doctor visits, happy days and sad days all on one place for him to read. Here is one of my favorite of the posts I plan to put in a special book just for him.
http://ourtemporaryhome.blogspot.com/2009/12/its-all-in-gods-timing.html

I love seeing how far our blog and our little family have come in those 5 years. I know sometimes my blog is boring and redundant. I don't do giveaways and I don't have sponsors. My blog is simply just a scrapbook for our family. I have no desire for it to be anything more. I can't help but laugh and cry when I read back over our journey and see how much things have changed. The Lord works in such amazing and perfect ways. I hope my blog has shown that and maybe it has touched someone going through a similar journey as many blogs did for me in my darkest days. I'm thankful for each and every one of my readers. I have some loyal readers that have been with me since that simple little Mac blog 5 years ago. Thanks for hanging in there with me! I know it's been a ride! Haha!  Here is a look at just how far we've come in 5 years...


I can't wait to see where we are in another 5 years at the 10th anniversary of my blog!