Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!  Even though we are Baptist and not Catholic, we still love some St. Patrick's Day around here.  I am part Irish, so why not?!  We wear our green, eat our corned beef, cabbage and potatoes, and drink our beer!  It's a fun day!

Last Sunday I discovered this yummy treat!  Why have I never had a Shamrock Shake from McDonald's until now??? 

We went out for some lunch and ate at Mellow Mushroom.  Nicholas was excited to eat some "pizzzzzzzza!"  
We got an awesome pesto and tomato pizza that was super tasty!

After we played outside some more this afternoon, we ate our traditional St. Patrick's Day dinner.  I made a crockpot corned beef with veggies and it was pretty good (even if I am not a huge corned beef kind of girl!).  

I had planned to make a special green dessert, but forgot to buy marshmallows, so it didn't work out.  Maybe next year!  Now it's time for bath, getting clothes ready for the week, and cuddling up to watch Celebrity Apprentice after Nicholas goes to bed.  It's going to be another long week!