Thursday, January 24, 2013

Prayers Needed

You all know how much I love my Nana and how this time last year my heart was so heavy over moving her to an assisted living and coming to terms with the toll dementia had taken on her. She has done so well at her new home and we are approaching the one year mark of making the move. We have been so blessed to have found such a wonderful place for her and that she has done so well.

Last night around 12:30 her home called my mom to let her know they were sending Nana to the hospital by ambulance. She was complaining of left arm pain and her blood pressure was very elevated. My mom met them at the ER and it was decided that she had fallen and fractured her scapula (shoulder blade). Well, upon further assessment and a trauma orthopedic consult, it was decided that she did not have a fracture, but severe arthritis. However, she had some EKG changes, swollen legs and feet, and high blood pressure so she got admitted.

She is currently having a stress test to see of they can figure out what may be going on. Please pray for answers and that everything can be dealt with before she goes back home. I'm also concerned because she has had at least one TIA since she has been at her new home. I'm hoping they can correlate all of this and get some answers.

Please pray for Nana, our family, her doctors, and nurses. I'll update when I know more. Here is one of my very most favorite Nana and Nicholas moments dancing at Christmas. I just had to share it with you! (Not sure why it isn't showing it all, but you can see it if you click the image???)