Sunday, November 4, 2012

21 Days of Thankfulness, Days 2-4

Well, I was right, doing this everyday is going to be almost impossible. Ha! Anyway, without further delay, here is my day 2, 3, and 4:

Day 2: on Friday my mom closed on my Nana's house. It was a very sad, but happy day. We were very sad because she lived there for 49 years and it is the only house anyone remembers. However, we are beyond happy that she loves her new home and has made many new friends. We got very lucky in that we got what we wanted for her house and it went to a family that sincerely loved it and will take good care of it. So, on Friday we cleaned the last little bit of stuff out and moved the last of it to my mom's and aunt's house. I had one regret that I didn't take Nicholas picture at my playhouse from when I was a little girl, but I still have memories and that is what really matters. The new owners said I could bring him by anytime for a picture, but I don't know that I will. So, on day 2, I was thankful for my heart full of wonderful memories from my Nana's house.

Day 3: I have said this before on here, but I was blessed with amazing and wonderful parents. They have always been there for me and now are the best grandparents to Nicholas that I could ever ask for. I thank God everyday for giving me such great parents and for their health. I'm very blessed.

Day 4: I am beyond thankful that when God did give me a baby, he gave me one that has always been a good sleeper and a good eater.  Nicholas only had a few rough nights as a newborn and from the time he was 11 weeks old until now he has only gotten up once during the night.  I always joke that one reason we haven't had a 2nd baby is because I just KNOW that one wouldn't be a good sleeper! Ha!  Sorry, but this working mom has to have her sleep!  Last night with the time change he went to bed at 9:40 old time and woke up at 9:00 new time.  I'll take it!  The toddler got the extra hour of sleep memo, but his parents didn't.  Michael and I were up at regular time, but not the toddler! :-)