Sunday, October 30, 2011

Meal Planning Monday on Sunday

This week I got back to meal planning and freezer meals.  It is amazing how much better I feel about my week and my stress level goes WAY down when I do this. No pictures because I left my camera was at my parents, but here are some recipes...
Sunday - Lasagna
Monday - Taco Soup for our little Halloween party/Trick or Treating with the Millers
Tuesday - Chicken Spaghetti
Wednesday - leftovers to my hair appointment
Thursday - Hamburger Steak, Crockpot Pinto Beans, and Macaroni and Cheese
Friday - Pizza
Saturday - Dips and Finger Food for football! (not sure what kind yet)

Lasagna (I can get this to make 2 small lasagnas or 1 large and 1 very small)
1 pound hamburger
1 family size jar of spaghetti sauce
1-8oz ricotta cheese
1 egg
12 oz mozzarella cheese
1 pkg of lasagna noodles

Brown hamburger and drain then mix into sauce.  Prepare lasagna noodles by boiling per the package and drain.  Mix ricotta and egg.  Layer noodles, meat sauce, ricotta and mozzarella three times or until your pan is full.  You will have a few noodles left over.

Cook covered for 1 hour on 350.  Uncover and top with the mozzarella cheese and cook for another 15 mins or until cheese is melted.
*this is based off the lasagna being thawed, not frozen.

Hamburger Steak
1 lb ground beef
4 Tsp on worchestire sauce
2 tsp garlic powder
1 onion, diced

kneed all of the above ingredients and pat into 3-4 patties.  Broil in the oven on hi for 8 mins each side.
*based on the meat thawed, not frozen.

Don't forget you can always get my meal plans on my recipe blog!