Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

We have had a busy, but good weekend, as always.  Saturday morning I got up early to get in line to shop the consignor presale at Jack and Jill consignment sale before football came on at noon.  I had never consigned or shopped this sale, but after the ease of drop off and seeing how many good deals I got shopping, I'm convinced to consign/shop it again!  My friend Amy and I got in line around 9:30 for the 10:00 sale and it was fun to spend some time catching up before the doors opened.  I was on a mission for a new diaper genie since mine has never really worked right and I found one, with a refill for $10!  It looks brand new!  I also found Nicholas a Halloween costume for his school parade and carnival for $4 that was brand new in the bag! SCORE!
Yesterday Michael was moving his business to a new location so my mom and I went shopping for some Fall clothes for Nicholas.  I found some really cute things at Carter's.  I am beyond excited that we FINALLY got a Carter's store in Chattanooga.  I also got my Christmas present a little early because JoAnn's was having a good sale.  I am now the proud owner of a Cricut Expression.  If you have one, what are your favorite cartridges?
Last night we went to Marc and Annie's house for Will's 8th birthday.  I know I say this all the time, but we are so thankful for awesome neighbors that we are friends with.  It was good to see them all for a little while before Nicholas' bedtime.  Sadly, I forgot my camera, but let me just say that Nicholas LOVED the cake and we both wore quite a bit of it! Haha!

Today has been a cold, rainy day.  Chattanooga hasn't seen any rain in over a month, so our ground was so dry, it couldn't absorb all of the rain fast enough, so we have some major flooding going on.  We had received almost 9 inches just today!
Nicholas' water table was empty this morning, but here it is now, overflowing!
We are making gumbo, playing with my new Cricut, and getting caught up on laundry. Nicholas and I have ate a lot today (for some reason rainy days just make me hungry)! Haha! 
Here is a look at my 1st Cricut project. We are having a UT party in a couple of weeks, so I made a banner to hang on the mantle. 
Hope everyone is having a good Labor Day and staying safe and dry!