Sunday, August 28, 2011

Meal Planning, Freezer Meals Week 2

EDIT: Yes, I've already changed my menu for the week due to how busy tomorrow looks for us! Ha!

This week I didn't have to make as much because I still have a chili mac that I made with this week in mind.  Michael is going to be working a lot of over time this week and moving his shop, so it is going to be a little crazy around here in the evenings.  I want to have as much made ahead of time as possible.  I just made a meal of cheesy chicken rolls and 8 twice baked potatoes.
Sunday - smoked Boston Butt made into BBQ, potato salad, baked beans
Monday - BBQ Stuffed Potatoes
Tuesday - Cheesy Chicken Rolls, Carrots, Peas
Wednesday - Chili Mac, Salad, Bread
Thursday - This is our Little Gym night, so we do not get home until almost 7:00. Nicholas will eat a sandwich, cheese, and yogurt and I'm going to heat up leftovers for us.
Friday - Pizza night!
Saturday - Shrimp Boil

Cheesy Chicken Rolls
3 thawed chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups cheddar cheese
1/4 cup milk
1 can crescent rolls
Cook chicken until done (I usually just boil it for about 45 mins).  While chicken is cooking, mix the soup, cheese, and milk in a small pan over medium heat.  Cook until cheese is melted and well blended. Shread chicken and place inside of a crescent roll.  Roll up and place in a pan.  It will make 8-10 rolls depending on the size can you buy.
Cover the chicken rolls with the cheese mixture and cover well if freezing.  Cook on 375 for 30 mins or until cheese is bubbly.