Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy 11 Months!

Sweet Nicholas, where has the time gone?  Once upon a time you looked like this
 Now you look like this
On Saturday we had your LAST monthly cake.  This makes mommy a very sad mommy!  I've loved celebrating all of your little milestones with you, especially your monthly birthdays!  This month you REALLY practiced your cake smashing skills.  Only a few more weeks until you get your very own cake to eat (I would say play in, but you are VERY serious about food and there is no doubt you will actually EAT your cake! Ha!). 
I loved the creativity Becky, the cake lady, used this month!  I told her I wanted something beachy-summery and this is what she came up with!  LOVE!

Nicholas what are you up to these days?  I don't know how much you weigh, but I would guess around 22 pounds!  You have gone through a huge growth spurt over the past couple of weeks.  We can tell when you pull up on things how much taller you are!  You are still in size 9 months, but you can also wear some 12 months in some brands.  I can't believe you are already in that size!  You are still in size 3 diapers and size 4 shoes. You have HUGE feet!

You eat solid foods at all meals and snacks now.  Two weeks ago you decided you were completely finished with baby food and refuse it.  You are eating everything except milk, cheese, eggs, and peanut butter (pretty much).  We go see your GI dr this month, so I'm excited to get to try those things.  Your favorite foods appears to be chicken nuggets and squash.  You are also starting to refuse your formula.  We are having to all but pour it down.
You are ***this*** close to walking.  Pretty sure you will be walking by your birthday.  You took a step at your Gigi's house on Sunday, so I'm thinking any day now.

You have FOUR teeth, two on top and two on the bottom.  You have almost cut two more on top.  They should be in by the end of the week, I think.

You had your first haircut on Saturday too.  You were SUCH a big boy!  I was so proud of you!

You still just say Mama, Dada, Dog, and Bye Bye.  We are working on a few more.

We love you more and more everyday.  I thank God several times a day for the blessing of being your Mommy!  You truly are the love and light of my life.