Monday, November 29, 2010

You Asked, I Answer

I've had a lot of questions lately through email and comments and instead of answering them all individually, I thought I would post answers here.  I am terrible about answering emails and comments, but I promise, I do read them all.  Please keep commenting, I LOVE knowing who is reading!  :-)
1. Where did I get my Christmas stockings?
I bought one for each of us and Spencer at Ballard's about 2 years ago then ordered one for Nicholas this fall to match.  They are SO CUTE and look great with our decor.  I highly recommend them!

2. Where do I shop?
This question makes me laugh because I think I dress really plain and kind of frumpy compared to other bloggers that always look so cute because my favorite clothes are jeans and sweaters or t-shirts.  My favorite stores are Gap, Ann Taylor Loft, and NY & Co.  My sweater on Thanksgiving came from NY & Co and all of my jeans are Gap Long and Lean (I am 5'2 and 135, not exactly long and lean, but they make you look like you are! PERFECT!).  I find myself wearing a lot of pink, black, brown, and yellow (in the summer).  I am not a fan of dresses, but I do own a few.  I just prefer pants because I stay cold all the time, even pregnant in the summer I was cold! Ha!


3. Where do you get Nicholas' monogrammed clothes?
I have bought some things on Etsy.  I really like SheSheMade and a friend of mine did all of our "N" shirts, bibs, and burp cloths.  Most of his clothes he wears on a regular basis are from Gymboree, Gap, and Carter's.  I may or may not have an addiction to Carter's.  Oops!

4. What do I do?
I am a RN, BSN.  I work in an office for two trauma surgeons Monday-Friday, 8-5.  I am so blessed to have a job that allows me to be at home on nights, weekends, and holidays and do NOT take that for granted.  I worked nights in an ICU before this and it was very hard being married and trying to balance it all.  I also had a couple of people ask how I got my job.  I answered an ad in the paper that I almost didn't reply to.  I didn't think I would like it, but it has turned out to be a great job and I can't imagine doing anything else now.

5. How did we discover Nicholas' milk protein allergy?
He was born at 38 weeks 1 day and slept most of the first two weeks.  On the 16th day he woke up a lot and just cried and screamed.  It was a Saturday afternoon and by mid afternoon he had many poopy diapers that were very runny and mucous (sorry, TMI, but important details).  His pedi wanted him to go to the ER.  There he was tested and everything came back negative.  On day 20, he started screaming 24 hrs a day.  I mean SCREAMING!  The next day we took him to the pedi and she decided he had reflux.  He started meds, but never seemed to get better.  At five weeks his stool tested positive for blood, a sign of a MPA.  I had already cut out all dairy, spicy, chocolate, and even some veggies out of my diet.  After a long talk with his pedi, she thought he *might* have an allergy to breast milk.  He was put on Alimentum.  It seemed to be our miracle cure for about two weeks, then his poop started getting really nasty again.  At 8 weeks he saw a GI dr for the first time.  He determined that he had a sever MPA and lost his entire intestinal lining.  No wonder poor baby was so unhappy!  He was put on another reflux med and pregestimil, a fancy, smancy formula.  Within a month he was a new baby!  At this time he is considered allergic to dairy, soy, wheat, and peanuts.  He will be tested at a year to see if he is ready for milk.  Until then we have to read labels on EVERYTHING he ingests.  I am praying he grows out of it, but due to the severity of his allergy, I won't be surprised either way.

I think that is all for tonight.  I hope I answered your question.  Keep commenting!  :-)