Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's About That Time and I Can't Wait!!!

Saturday my mom and I hit up a Christmas open house at a local store we have gone to since I was in 7th grade.  We couldn't wait to see what Nicholas did when he saw the pretty lights and decorations.  He was asleep when we got there, but once he woke up, we took him out of his seat and he was mesmerized by the trees.  He just stood there with his mouth open staring!  I decided then to do something I have always sworn I would NEVER do, put my tree up before Thanksgiving!  
I am so excited to start our own traditions with our little family. I have so many things planned in my head.  I'm excited to start Elf On A Shelf, listening to Christmas music in the car with Nicholas, riding around looking at Christmas lights, and only reading Christmas books at bedtime!  My parents gave us Elf On A Shelf last year and I think he is going to appear in our house on Thanksgiving night/Friday morning. I've been debating on whether I should go ahead and name him or wait on Nicholas to name him in a few years.  I think I'll name him and that way he can always call him by name (not that he will this year, but you know what I mean).  
What are your favorite Christmas traditions with your children?  Do you have any favorite CDs or books you would recommend?