Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Full Term!!!!


How far along? 37 weeks! We will meet our miracle baby, Nicholas TWO WEEKS from today!!!!!!
How big is Baby? 20 inches, 6.5-7 pounds. Size of a watermelon.
Total weight gain/loss: 30 pounds, but almost 5 of that we know is fluid since I gained so much in one week. My OB thinks I might have as much as 10 pounds of fluid as swollen as I am. I HOPE SO! No change this week.
Maternity clothes? All I wear.
Stretch marks? Not yet, hoping I can make it another two weeks without any!
Sleep: No longer in my vocabulary, getting harder and harder at night! I'm pretty sure I could take a nap in the mid afternoon though.
Best moment this week: Finding out Nicholas' birthday! I am still sad that I will miss his first few minutes, but I am slowly coming to terms with it.
Movement: LOVING it! He isn't as active as he was because he is so big and I have a very small torso. I still feel kicks and hiccups, but that is about it.
Food cravings: SONIC ICE! It is my new obsession. My mom bought me a bag on our way home from my Dr appt last Friday and I can't stop eating it or drinking it with caffeine free coke. SO GOOD! Haha!
Gender: It's A BOY!!!!!! Nicholas Allen Ledford.
Labor Signs: Still having backpain and contractions on and off. It is getting stronger when I've been on the NST. Too bad I don't need to have practice contractions! Ha!
Belly Button in or out? It is almost flat. However, it is basically still an innie.
What I am looking forward to: I'm starting to get super excited that we are only 14 days away from meeting Nicholas!!!!
Milestones: WE ARE FULL TERM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am taking off this Friday and next to finish a few things that need to get done before I'm ready. One thing off my list is that I ordered a stork for our front yard to be placed the day we come home from the hospital. I've always wanted one in my yard when I had a baby, as in since I was little. I always thought they were fun. I'm pretty sure they are a violation of our subdivision rules, but God help them if they send me a violation letter. I've waited a LONG time for that stork to come visit!
I am having quite a few contractions in the mornings when I first wake up and then again at night when I try to rest. Heat and ice water seem to help, but the past couple of days they seem to have a mind of their own. Who knows, we may not make it another TWO weeks, but my OB is out of town fishing with one of our trauma partners! Just my luck! Ha!