Friday, March 19, 2010

Random Friday

It is a gorgeous spring day here in NWGA/Chattanooga. I came home and all the neighborhood kids were out, but I was seriously just too tired to go outside. I.Am.Exhausted! It has been a very long week in trauma land. We've seen a ton of patients, had a 10 hour conference, and time change has completely kicked my hiney. I dread next year with a baby on top of it. I may need a week of vacation to adjust! Ha! Well, I just had to show you this because it is too cute. I think I know what Spencer does all day while we are gone. He watches the neighbors! Ha!
I also have another question for you. My parents are getting us a nice camera for our birthdays next month to take awesome pics of Nicholas. I am trying to decide what kind I want, I had it narrowed down to a Nikon and a Canon XSi, but in the end, I think I am going with the canon. Do any of you have this camera and if so, what do you think of it? Also, do you have a video camera and if so, what kind (that is on the to do list to purchase late this spring)?

I really need to take Spencer on a walk and get out of the house, but honestly, I just need to rest. My back has hurt today and I have been crazy emotional this afternoon. We had planned to get our furniture out of layaway today, but it just isn't going to work out. First, Michael won't be home until close to 8:00 at the earliest and then it is just too late. Plus, we still need to patch nail holes where we had pictures hanging in Nicholas' room and touch up some scratches on the wall. Our new plan is to pick it up Tuesday when Michael is off work, but it still made me sad. I've waited years to have baby furniture in that room and now it is being delayed AGAIN. I know that is crazy, but it was important to me and I'm just disappointed. Hopefully the forecast is correct and we have a pretty day Tuesday and we can get it home then.

10 comments:

Christi said...

I can't wait for you to get your furniture.

The Canon is rated really well as well as the Nikon. We have the sony alpha and it's great but I've been disappointed with a customer service issue with sony.

I recently bought a kodak zi8 video camera (our sony had a faulty chip) for $180.

Christi

Becky said...

I have the Nikon D40 I think. My son in law is a homicide detective and they actually got the entire police force the Nikon. He also is a photographer on the side, specializing in lighthouses. Claiming to be a 'Nikon Man', it does take nice pictures. His homicide picture taking camera is also a Nikon. A huge, honkin' Nikon.

xoxo'sfrom42420 said...

Is there a delivery service or a friend that would pick up your baby furniture. I know you are extremely anxious to get it home. I know when I want something like that I don't like to wait.

Also I've been wanting to mention I was able to buy a medela breast pump through the medical equipment owned by the hospital I work for with a discount.

I got a $300. pump for $188. and they did payroll deduct so I didn't even really notice. I think it was in 2 payments but easy and cheap!!! Might want to check into it.

Enjoy your blog and can't wait to see the finished nursery and Baby Nicholas!!
Theresa

Anonymous said...

My husband and I have the Canon Rebel XSI you have pictured, and we love it! Our pictures look so good and professional!

Brittny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki said...

Hope you get your furniture soon! I was anxious like you to get it set up.

We have the Nikon D3000, we also purchased it for the baby coming in May. I really love it, although I haven't learned all the functions yet. My SIL has the Cannon Rebel XSI and she loves it. I think the Nikon has a bigger display. I think mine is 3"? Good Luck.

April and Brad said...

Hello!! I hopped over to your blog from Kelly's Korner, and have been reading all about you because we are both pregnant with the EXACT SAME due date!! :) Anyway, the point of my comment...for Christmas (since I knew I was pregnant) my husband bought me a nice camera. He bought me the Nikon D3000 and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Hope that helps :)
April

Matt and Jana Sprouse said...

I have the Canon Rebel and I absolutely love it!!! It takes awesome pictures!!!

Lisa said...

I have a Canon Rebel XS (a step below the xsi), and I love it! The picture quality is awesome and I love all of the features. You can check out my blog for examples of the type of pictures you can get with a Canon.

April Johnson said...

I have a Canon XS and LOVE IT!!! They aren'too expensive either and it is very user friendly!