Saturday, March 13, 2010

Busy Saturday

It has been a busy day and I am exhausted! First of all, we had an interesting start to the day. Our clock in the bedroom sets itself and we have done everything to correct it, but since leap year TWO years ago (and a lightning strike since!), it springs forward or falls back a day early. Well, this year, suffering from pregnancy brain and all, I completely forgot to remind Michael that it would be wrong in the morning so ignore it. (usually I just set one of our phones since we cannot get the clock to go to the right day when we know it is time change weekend.) He woke up at "7:15", got up, got ready, and came into the bedroom where I was sleeping around "7:50" and asked why all the clocks in the house were an hour behind the one in the bedroom. OOPS! We laughed and he just got to work a little early this morning and
got caught up on a few things.

I got up for good around 9:30 (real time, not bedroom time) and started cleaning my house. My mom came by later and helped do the floors and bathrooms since my pinched nerve causes a lot of pain if I bend down a lot. After we finished we went shopping. I had anticipated getting my crib out of layaway today, but my dad went out of town, so it will wait until next week. No big deal, gives me one more week to get Nicholas' room completely cleaned out (it is 95% empty now!). I went by the furniture store anyway because they have the cutest UT outfit I wanted to get for Michael to have for Nicholas. Isn't it too cute!
I LOVE the back! We love to tailgate, so this is perfect!
I also got him his third pair of trumpet socks. He already has the tennis shoe and argyle ones. I thought these boots were funny.

Then we went to BRU, Gymboree, and Baby Gap. I found some other cute things that I decided I needed. Ha! I started feeling tired so we went back to my parents house to rest and watch TV for a couple hours before we went back out. We wanted to go to Olive Garden, but when we got there the wait was an hour and a half. Um, no thanks! I called Chop House from OG and their wait was 30-45 minutes, plus I could get on the call ahead list. We got there in about 15 minutes and our wait was less than five! Woohoo! I'm a steak kind of girl anyway. It was YUM!

After dinner we ran over to Target to look a stroller I decided I wanted instead of the big heavy one I found a BRU. It is much lighter and folds much easier. This is the one I decided on and added to my registry instead of the big huge one at BRU.
Michael is out with some friends tonight since my mom and I had a night out with my dad being gone, so Spencer and I are getting in bed now with Confessions of A Shopaholic. Hope everyone is having a good Saturday!


Jennifer said...

When it comes time for an umbrella stroller, we got a Maclaren Quest and love it, so light and turns very easily. We did not pay the big money at BRU, I got a two year old model NIB on ebay for $120.

123 said...

Because I think you are such a doll, I am willing to overlook that horrible orange color on the onesie. HA! What can I blood is crimson and white!! I am sure that baby Nicholas will look adorable in it though.

Jenna said...

We went with the Maclaren quest too - I also found mine on Ebay! It was brand new, but last years model, so I saved well over $100.