Sunday, February 14, 2010

18 Weeks and A Name!

Note to self, no more belly pics at 10:30 pm! Ha!
This post was originally written Thursday, but I never finished it. Oops!

How big is Baby? 7 inches and the size of a sweet potato
Total weight gain/loss: 10 pounds (rounded off, based on my scale)
Maternity clothes? very comfy!
Stretch marks? No, let's pray it stays that way!
Sleep: Doing better
Best moment this week: Finding out he is a healthy, happy baby BOY!
Movement: LOVING it! He moves all the time now and was so funny on his US.
Food cravings: Cheeseburgers is still the craving of the week. I also LOVE onions right now and could eat them with everything.
Gender: It's A BOY!!!!!! Nicholas Allen Ledford is healthy, happy, and quite active I must say!
Labor Signs: none, thank goodness!
Belly Button in or out? In and I pray it stays that way. It freaks me out for some reason! Ha!
What I am looking forward to: registering this weekend (I did that yesterday)
Milestones: so many, but definitely knowing that we are almost half way there!

After work the day of the US, we went out for dinner with my parents for my dad's birthday. I asked my mom to get our picture since it was the day we learned we were having a boy! I look terrible in both this picture and the one above because it has been such a long, emotional day. My eyes were puffy (which could be from not sleeping at all Tuesday night out of excitement!) and
my makeup was basically gone. Haha!

We have decided to give baby Ledford the name Nicholas Allen. I love it because it is a combination of both of our middle names, Nicole and Allen. When I got married I dropped Nicole and decided to use my maiden name instead as my middle name. I decided then that if we ever had a boy, I wanted him to be named Nicholas. We cannot wait to meet him and see if he has a lot of dark hair (like everyone says he will), long legs like we think he does on US, and who he looks like (although that will be hard to tell. My mom even has to really look at our baby pictures to know which one of us it is! We looked very similar as babies! Crazy, I know!).

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Love the name especially bc it has meaning!!! I'm glad that it has been such a wonderful week w/ lots of wonderful blessings! Enjoy every minute!

Sonya said...

I love how you chose the name because it has special meaning! I love the name Nicholas.

Dina said...

We are about the same in our pregnancies. I am jealous you already know what you're having. I will find out in 2 weeks. I really love the bedding you picked out! I pray you have an uneventful rest of your pregnancy and a healthy baby boy!

Lauren said...

The name is perfect. So perfect.

Matt and Jana Sprouse said...

I did the same thing. My middle name is Nikol so I used Nikolas!! Love it!!!!

L said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandmom. But I have been living under a rock, Congrats on your pregnancy & it's boy:) so much fun!