Sunday, October 25, 2009

Oktoberfest

Today was a good day in the Ledford house, although it started a little sad. Michael and my dad went early this morning to get our boat from the marina and take it to it's "winter home", aka his Granddad's backyard in Cleveland where all the family boats go to spend the winter. It is always sad to me to put it up because I know then summer is officially over. However, it did not go uneventful (because, really, whatever does for us?!). The second I pulled in the garage from getting groceries (and I mean motor still running), Michael called to tell me I needed to bring him the boat key, he left it in his dresser drawer! So, Spencey and I got in the car and went off to save the day! Ha!
Here is superdoggie enjoying the cool, fall day on the interstate!

Then when Michael FINALLY got home, we went downtown to the market for Oktoberfest! So fun! We drank Oktoberfest from Big River while cruising the different vendors! I even found a super cute monogrammed mug to carry my coffee to work! After we went to the market we went to the actual restaurant Big River for pretzels, sausage, and more Oktoberfest!

It was a good day, although I have to admit, I am sad tonight. There were so many cute baby things and babies in strollers today that I got a little sad. When will it be my turn?

7 comments:

Lianna Knight said...

Praying that your turn will be SOON!

Kristi said...

I am praying your turn comes soon, but only when God sees it best. Glad you had a fun family weekend.

Sarah said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun at Oktoberfest, even though seeing all the baby things made the longing that much stronger. You WILL have a turn, and I am praying that it won't be long until then.

Lauren said...

Girl... in due time, it will be your turn. I'm certain of it!

Sounds like a GREAT weekend!! :)

Mel said...

I have this print-
Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.

Don't be sad. Your time will come!!!

Have a good week!

Jenn said...

I want to see the mug! I am still praying for you! It will be the perfect moment...soon enough ;)

Anna said...

Love the pic of Spencer. Too too too cute! I've been having down days too. :( There's not much I can say that will make the feeling go away. So I'll just say I love ya.