Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pitiful Puppy

This is poor pitiful Spencer tonight.  He isn't feeling too good and is just lying around in his bed.  My poor little baby dog had a traumatic day today.  For the past few months I've noticed that he had a small knot on his back, but didn't think too much about it because he had one as a puppy and the vet said it would go away on it's own.  Well, over the weekend it seemed to get much larger and last night it opened up.  I see this sort of thing on adult surgery patients ALL THE TIME, but it is much different when it is your dog!  So, I immediately called the vet and they could see him this afternoon.

Michael said he did great, even when they had to open up his abscess and squeeze it to get all the infection out.  Poor baby will have to take an antibiotic twice a day for a week and we have to clean it twice a day until it closes up.  Here is a picture of the area tonight after they opened it and drained it today.

5 comments:

Guy and Julie said...

Poor baby! It's so hard when your dog is sick...

Kelli said...

Poor little guy!

Anonymous said...

Poor Spencer....I used to work at a vet clinic for 5 years and you wouldn't believe how common those are especially in cats from fighting & getting nasty bites! I can handle those on animals anyday, but I dread the first human abscess that I have to clean!Hope he gets to feeling better soon!

Justin and Jessica said...

Poor little guy! I hope he's feeling better soon. I always feel so bad when my puppy is sick.

Anna said...

OH NO!!! Maddie had a little lump on her back once a few years ago. The vet told me it was a fat deposit and it luckily did go away. I'm so sorry Spencer's didn't! You should buy him some doggie ice cream to cheer him up. Brandon gets it for our dogs all the time, even though it just makes Maddie fatter. :)