Thursday, May 7, 2009

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

I wonder how many times my Nana told me when I was little, "good things come to those who wait?"  She loved to tell me that when she would lecture me on my patience (which by the way, isn't her best attribute either!).  That definitely can be said for infertility and TTC.  While it seems like we are waiting FOREVER, we are just waiting on God's perfect timing.  I found this scripture right after my first loss and it has gotten me through some rough days.

“But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day." Habakkuk 2:3

Is that not the truth?!  That is what is so hard, but we have to keep in mind.  It may seem years late for us, but it is perfect in God's timing.  So, until then, try to remember this also:

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I put my HOPE. Psalms 130:5

The theme for today's post came to me on the way home from one of the craziest days I've had at work in a long time.  I prayed that God would give me the energy to write a post and tell me what to write about.  Then as I flipped through the channels on Sirius, I came to this song on The Message.  It is a song that makes me feel better every time I hear it and it just fit perfect with struggling to have hope, patience, and being prayerful.


I hate to interrupt this post with this, but I am so excited, after all the years I've been addicted to reality TV, I actually know someone that will be on a reality show tonight! Ha!  Haven Howell that I went to high school with will be on The Fashion Show tonight on Bravo!  I will be watching this weekend on the DVR!  Good luck Haven!

No comments: