Saturday, May 4, 2013

Potty Training Boot Camp and A Wedding

I took off from work on Friday and cleaned house and did a few things around the house.  Since torrential rain was in the weekend forecast and I didn't see us doing much, I decided it was a good time to bring out the big boy undies for a solid day of wear (not just an hour here or there).  I pulled out all 12 pairs that we own, poured some M&Ms in a bowl on the counter and told Nicholas we would be home for 3 days straight, so he needed to get his mind set on being a big boy! Ha!

From the time he got out of the bathtub at 10:30 until he laid down for a nap at 1:00, he went potty 4 times and was still in his original undies that were DRY when he woke up!  HUGE accomplishment!  That kid will do anything for a M&M!!!  We haven't left the house today other than for Michael had to work and for me to run to the grocery store, so Nicholas and I have been a slave to the potty.  He had another good morning, but has had a few accidents this afternoon.  He is refusing to wear pullups anymore!  I am really proud of how well he is doing.  He has told me a few times, "I a big boy, no diapers!"

Last night we attended Nicholas' first wedding.  My cousin Richard married a very sweet girl that we are so happy to have a part of our family now!  It was a gorgeous wedding in an old church downtown.

Unfortunately, I watched from the windows outside because my toddler had a meltdown right as the bridesmaids entered the church.  :-(  We had to leave right after the reception started because Nicholas was done with the day and ready for bed, but I stole this picture from her facebook today. :-)  I loved the old bricks and the lights in the background.  Gorgeous!

Welcome to the family Wendy!!!

Nicholas finally went to bed around 9:00 last night and my kid that always wakes up by 8:30 no matter what slept until I woke him up at 11:15!  I'm pretty sure his behavior at the wedding was a result of being tired and not very well rested.  I took on my absolute least favorite task in the world this morning, I cleaned out my closet.  I would rather be beat than to hang up clothes and it showed by the fact I couldn't even walk in there before I got started.  3 hours and 2 large bins of winter clothes later it looks like this...

Tomorrow is going to be another rainy, cold day, so I'm planning to get a couple of meals made for the week and run out for some big boy undies and extra clothes for school.  We may even head over to our favorite Mexican restaurant for some Cinco De Mayo fun!  I am so glad I kept a couple of sweaters when I packed up the winter clothes, I needed them this weekend!  Hope everyone in Chattanooga stays warm and dry this weekend!