Thursday, May 2, 2013

Summer Reading List

Remember back in school there was always a Summer reading list? Yes, its true, most of it did not appeal to teenage girls, but I am a history-loving, classic-literature-loving dork, so I enjoyed them. I can remember reading Cheaper By The Dozen, Great Gatsby, and Grapes Of Wrath in a day a piece while floating around my backyard pool (I was also a sun worshiping teenage girl that is paying dearly for that now with wrinkles and bad skin). Now it always seems that I do 90% of my reading in the summer and this year I'm stocking up and hope to read a book a week, but we'll see how that goes. Lately it feels like all I read are Llama Llama and pirate books. I love reading to Nicholas, but once he is in bed I love to curl up with a good book and wine in my bed.

Last Summer I read the 50 Shades of Grey series in about 10 days. I read Matters Of The Heart over vacation and I read How To Raise A Superhero over a weekend, but that was about it. We were in the middle of doing an estate sale and selling my Nana's house, working full time, and chasing a spirited 2 year old. Books just had to wait...a year apparently.

Since I can't sleep, I decided to share what is on my list for this Summer:
Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella
Family Pictures by Jane Green
Revenge Wears Prada; The Devil Returns by Lauren Weisburger (I'm dying to get my hands on this one June 4!)
Another Piece Of My Heart by Jane Green
Sparkly Green Earrings by Melanie Shankle (if you don't read her blog you're missing out!)
American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld (still waiting from last year)
A Little Salty To Cut The Sweet by Sophie Hudson (another blog you must read)
Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner

That's it for now because I am allowing a week off reading for Nicholas' birthday, a wedding shower I'm hosting, and by August it will be football season around our house and I'll be ready for Fall. :-)

Anyone else want to share their Summer reading plans?