Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sunday Brain Dump

How about a little brain dump to end the weekend...

1.  We decided to stay home from church today given that we had another strike from the never-ending GI virus last night.  It is probably a good thing too, because right after breakfast guess who was the next one down...me.  I had planned to help my mom, aunt, and cousins decorate my Nana's tree in her apartment today, but I didn't want to spread our germs around.  Sad.  Anyway, the boys went on a walk to get some fresh air and I haven't left the couch for most of the day.  Here is my view right now during nap time...Christmas tree, mantle, and my husband playing video games.  

2.  Speaking of decorating my Nana's apartment, we found some ornaments that she never used when cleaning out her house this summer.  I took them home, bought a wreath, and glued the ornaments on last night to hang this on her door today.  I thought it turned out pretty cute.  Only thing missing is a bow, but I don't do bows, so my aunt will have to make one today.

3.  I have struggled this year at doing an Instagram photo of the day.  I usually take several pictures on my phone a day, but I always forget to do the official photo of the day.  I found this on pinterest last night and I'm going to give it a try.  I think it will be fun to do a Christmas photo of the day this month!

4.  This year I decided to do something a little different and decorate my china cabinet.  I got some vintage green glasses from my Nana and I wanted to display them in my cabinet at Christmas, so I also decided to display my Christmas accent dishes that match my china.  I love how it turned out (better pic coming later in another post).

5.  I finally ordered an Elf On The Shelf shirt and the girl even had a Santa shirt ready to ship in our size!  I wanted our EOTS shirt to be a dark color so he could wear it to school without having to worry about ruining it.  I love how cute they turned out!

6.  I don't know if you can get these at every Starbucks or not, but I ordered one at the hospital Starbucks last week and it is to DIE FOR (notice I had even taken a bite before the picture it was so good)!  

I have some Christmas themed posts coming your way later this week...if I can get them written.  I want  to document so much this year because we are having such a fun Christmas season, so I'm sorry if I bore you with all of my holiday related posts, but this is my scrapbook.  Hope everyone has a good week!