Saturday, December 1, 2012

What A Week!

I am pretty sure I have never been so happy to see a weekend as I was last night!  This past week just about did us in...literally.  It is always rough returning from Thanksgiving break at work.  Anytime you close for 4 days, it is crazy!  I had 52 patients this week in the office where I usually have between 30 and 40.  I had a couple of late days and I was completely worn out by Thursday afternoon.  With the increase in patients for the end of the year rush and craziness there, I was really needing everything to run smoothly at home...

Just when I thought walking in to find melted gummy car vitamins all in my kid's hair to be traumatic, nothing was as traumatic as the great GI virus/possible flu that struck our house on Wednesday morning!  Oh.My.Word!!!  Nicholas woke up covered in vomit on Wednesday morning (gross I know, but it is what it is) and spent the day cuddling with Gigi at her house.  Luckily, my mom was off from work for the week and able to help out.  I have no clue what I would've done if she had not been.  By dinnertime he was feeling better, no more episodes of being sick, so I sent him back to school on Thursday.  He had a great day, but not a lot of appetite on Thursday and seemed like his old self again, just a little tired.  Well, he wasn't.  He got sick again Friday morning and had a fever.  This is how he spent the entire morning.  He literally did not leave the couch at all.  He wouldn't do anything which is NOT like our little wile man at all!
We went to the doctor on Friday afternoon and she wasn't sure if he had the flu or an upper respiratory virus.  He fell asleep in the car on the way home and it just broke my heart.  He looked so pitiful.
He was pretty pitiful until around bedtime when he was back to normal.  He woke up this morning, 24 hours vomit and fever free, so I let him go see Santa and we ran a few errands.  I was sure he was over it...wrong again!  Right before bed he projectile vomited across our living room and said his tummy hurts.  He is finally in bed, but we will see how long that lasts.  :-(

Please pray my sweet boy gets to feeling 100% back to normal soon.  He is so sad when he is sick and that makes me sad.  I'm headed to bed at 9:30 because this week has drained me.  I need to get some rest tonight and tomorrow before another crazy work week.  Hopefully I'll be back this week with some more Christmas related posts.  I'm dying to show you his Santa picture, but I don't want it on a post about him being sick.  :-)