Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thankful Thursday

After my post yesterday of basically having a virtual meltdown, I feel the need to write a thankful post today. The Lord has blessed me immensely and I need to spend more time reflecting on that.

First, in all the toddler meltdowns, moments of terrible twos, and just being all-boy, words can never express how thankful I am for this sweet face. I still remember all of pain and heartache I had waiting for him and I seriously think I love him more and more everyday. He has brought so much joy to our lives...more than I ever imagined!

Every time I hear the song, God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton I get chills because that is exactly how I feel about Michael. God knew exactly what He was doing when He gave me Michael. He is my rock and my calming force in my storm. Not going to lie, there are many times I could kill him, but in the end I love him so much for being a great husband and even better dad. I'm thankful for him and how hard he works to provide for our family.
As an only child, I am close to my parents and they have always been the 1st phone call in good and bad times and who I go to for advice or to talk. I can't imagine my life without them. I'm beyond thankful for all the sacrifices my parents made to send me to private school, college, and even now for Nicholas. They really are the best parents, in laws to Michael, and love Nicholas more than anyone I know.
I'm thankful for not only having a job during this time of instability in our country, but one I love and enjoy going to each day. I am also beyond thankful to have a nursing job that allows me to work "normal" hours, not nights, holidays, and weekends. God also gave me another rock in my life by putting Dr. Smith in my life. He is there when I need advice that my parent or Michael can't give me without bias.

We have a nice home, two cars that run and are reliable, we have food on the table, and wonderful friends. For all of these things there really are no words. I see people on a daily basis that can't say the same and I truly am blessed beyond measure.

I think I need to make this a weekly thing! What are you thankful for today?