Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Midweek Brain Dump

I need to start doing these kind of posts. I always have so much to say, but just never sit down and type it out, so this should be fun! I started this blog as a way to journal my thoughts, so maybe I need to get back to blogging more for me and not just or scrapbook. Here are the major things on my mind lately and somewhat of a little catch up post:

1. This working mom gig is tough sometimes and this week is definitely one of those times. Michael and I have both been super busy at work, I've had a cold and laryngitis, and I have a long list of things to do at home that just don't ever seem to get done in the evenings because we are plain exhausted. This is definitely a week where I am on the verge of a meltdown 24/7. If only I had an extra 3 or 4 hours in my day to get the house picked up, laundry put away, and actually spend some quality time with Nicholas. I'm just being real here and I'll say don't let the the freezer meals and Nicholas' strict schedule fool you, I do not have myself together and my life is a mess right now! Is it time for that 3 day weekend yet?

2. School bake sale stress. Daycare is having a week long bake sale for MDA and I'm all about supporting MDA, but our class was to bring in our baked goods on Wednesday. Hello, it's the middle of the week, we are all moms that are away from home 10-12 hours a day, when am I supposed to have time to do that?! Well, I decided to go with my Nana's all time go to quick fix, rice Krispy treats. Um, she obviously did things differently than I do! First, I burned the crap out of my hand trying to press them into the pan & then I quickly realized mine weren't nice and fluffy like hers always were. They were flat and thin. Haha! Oh well, maybe that is what the peanut butter she put in her treats did for them, who knows! Nonetheless, my pitiful little treats went to school this morning sad or not. Ha!

3. My dad is coaching again after being retired from football since 2000! This has been a super exciting time for us and I'll be blogging about it quite a bit this Fall. I'm planning to attend my first game next Friday and I can't wait! I've missed it so much more than I ever thought I would. I was a crazy person last Friday. They played 3 hours away, so obviously we didn't go, but I found a few people & sportscasters to follow on twitter and I was able to keep up with the score that way. They won and i may or may not have jumped around when I heard! Haha! I think Michael was a little scared over how worked up I get over a high school football game. I mean business when it comes to my dad's team! ;-) We are also excited to introduce N to high school football soon! He has been stocked up with lots of green football attire!

4. This is the 2nd week without an episode of Dallas to watch on TNT & I kind of think I'm having withdrawals. I loved sitting down at 9:00 every Wednesday night to get my weekly fix of the Ewings. Is it January yet? I'm ready for a new episode!

5. I made several freezer meals last Wednesday (yes, I know I promised a post about it and it is coming, be patient!) and one of them didn't turn out well at all. I made 2 pans of poppyseed chicken and it was a creamy, fluffy mess. Any suggestions?

6. We have begun to talk about the possibility of expanding our family, but as of right now that is definitely on hold. We are leaning more towards the side of not having any more children and I think part of my heart is mourning that Nicholas will be our only baby. It is a decision that makes the most sense for our family for several reasons. Who knows, we may change our minds, but right now this is how we feel.

7. What would a post be without a couple of pictures of my sweet boy! I think the last one of these pictures speaks volumes about our last couple of weeks; bed head, only one slipper, and eating junk for breakfast! Yep, pretty much sums it up!