Monday, September 3, 2012

It's High School FOOTBALL time!

Those of you who have been long time readers know that I am PASSIONATE about my football, but may or may not know why.  Football is something that has always been a big part of my life because not only did we watch a LOT of football growing up, but it was my dad's career.  He was a high school football coach for about 28 years before retiring about 12 years ago.  He had been missing it and randomly one day last Spring the head coach for our church school called him and asked if he would be interested in coming back to coach his offensive and defensive lines.  He is happy to be back doing what he loves and my mom and I are excited that he is happy! Those of you on Twitter know how excited I've been and have probably muted me on Friday nights because you just don't care about their game! Haha! Needless to say, I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL and I couldn't wait to go to one of his games!  Well, three weeks into the season I finally got there!  Not only was he coaching, but playing against the school I went to from 1st grade - 8th grade and my cousin is on their team!  It was a lot of fun! 

When we got there about 30 minutes before kickoff and his group was warming up right by the end zone where we came in.  I got a picture of Dad doing what he does best...coaching his linemen!

There are so many things I love about high school football: the boys that try there best every week (is it me or does high school kids look like they are about 10 now??? Or am I just an old lady?) :-) ; cheerleaders; the bands; and the school spirit!  I don't think there is anything I'd rather do on a Friday night than go to a high school football game and I really don't think I realized just how much I missed it until I started getting excited to go this season!  Being a small, Baptist academy there certainly was a lot of school spirit and I loved how many people came out to support the team that were church members.  It is awesome the amount of support their team has!  I loved the sign.  So true!
They came into the game 2-0 for the season, which was AWESOME!  We knew this week was going to be hard and probably not end well, but it ended a little worse than we expected. :-)  That's ok Seahawks fans, it's a new week and there are still seven more games to go, and 2-1 is still great!  

I'm looking forward to next Friday night because we plan to take Nicholas for the 1st time.  We wanted to wait until Michael could go with us to help in case he was a little wild. Haha!  I'm sure that will be an interesting game! :-)  He is ready though, we have stocked up on cute green football clothes and he is working on saying "Go Seahawks" and "TOUCHDOWN!!!"