Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy 8 Months Nicholas, 500th Post!

We had Nicholas' 8 month cake pics just the three of us on Saturday.  He had the flu (can't you tell! Haha!) so we didn't want to infect everyone.  First, let me just say that it is next to impossible to photograph my wild child with his cake.  This was our first, and best attempt.  It ended with a messed up cake, green dye all over both of us and his glider, and a bath for Nicholas.  Ha!  I decided to try it again with his St. Patrick's Day shirt.  Here is how that went... Hahahaha! 







Nicholas, you are a live wire these days!  You are giving us a run for our money!  In the past two weeks you have grown up so much!  You started army crawling and crawling backwards really well about three weeks ago, then last Sunday, you just took off!  You haven't stopped since!  You are also pulling up on anything and everything you can.  I haven't had a chance to get your picture because I've been too busy chasing after you, but I hope to get some video and picture soon.

You are eating stage 2 foods now.  We started that on Sunday.  You eat a "morning" jar with a bottle when you get up (and you are STARVING, so we have to have it ready before we get you out of bed!), a veggie and fruit and lunch with a bottle, then an "entree" type jar (a meat combo) and a veggie or fruit with a bottle at dinner.  You have become such a good eater!  You LOVE your new foods and I am so happy about that!  The only thing you are not a fan of seems to be green beans.  You also eat an 8 oz bottle mid afternoon.

You are become a slightly decent napper.  You have gotten to where you will FINALLY nap in your bed at home and school for a short morning and afternoon nap.  I'll take what I can get.  You still sleep great at night.  You were sick for 36 days this month and not one time were we up longer than just a few minutes at a time during the night.  I know that could change at any time, but you've been sleeping at least 12 hrs a night since you were 11 weeks old and I love.  You have now had 2 ear infections, pink eye, and the flu...all in one month!  You might have slept through it, but mommy sure didn't!  You coughed all night for about 2 weeks and tossed and turned in your crib on the monitor the other nights.  We are finally starting to get back into a good routine this week. PTL!  Dr. Spraggins told us that you get  to visit with an ENT if you get another ear infection.  We are hoping that is behind us for a little while.

You have TWO teeth!  You also got these in the past two weeks!  They appeared on Thursday, February 17.  You did great teething.  You only fussed a little bit, but you tried to teeth for months before they finally broke through.  Now we are waiting on your top two that seem to be getting close!

You were 17 pounds and 14 ounces on Friday and you are still mostly in 6-9 month clothes and size 3 diapers.  You are also in a size 4 shoe!

We LOVE you more than you can ever know and we are so blessed to have you.  You were definitely, without a doubt worth every second of our wait to have you in our lives!

This is the 500th post for my blog.  I went back a few weeks ago when I was recovering from my injection and read back through the first year of it and our family has come so far.  It was such a sad first year of posts, then my happy and anxious pregnancy posts, and now it is all about Nicholas.  I hope that my blog has given hope to those of you waiting on a baby or having a hard time in life and I hope the rest of you have enjoyed reading about our rather boring life.  I am so thankful for all of my readers.  You all have helped me through some very dark times, helped me celebrate some fabulous times, and gave me great advice as I have figured out motherhood.  I am still amazed at what an awesome community blogging is.  I have made some great friends and met some wonderful people that I never would have without blogging.  If you are considering starting a blog, do it.  It is worth it...when you have time to actually blog!  :-)