Thursday, September 2, 2010

Football Tailgate Party Blog Hop

Welcome to the first annual Football Kickoff Tailgate Party Blogtour!  Since this weekend is the kickoff for football season, lets all share our favorite tailgate foods, drinks, and traditions!  Please leave a link to your post below.  Nicholas can't wait to see how you get ready for the big game!!!!!!


I don't know if I've ever shared this before, but I have grown up with a deep love of all things football.  I grew up in a football household.  My dad was a high school football coach for almost 30 years and we spent every Friday night, all day Saturday and Sunday around football.  I actually grew up a Georgia fan, but when I married Michael I decided it was just easier to cross over the line and become a UT fan.  I still pull for UGA when they are playing anyone but UT (shhh, don't tell Michael! Ha!).  I am loving that Derek Dooley is now our coach!  I am hoping he has the same success in Knoxville that his dad had in Athens!  We are considering taking Nicholas to his first game this year, but not sure yet.  Anyone have any experience bringing a baby into Neyland Stadium?  Am I completely crazy?


Michael loves to have chili when it gets cold when we tailgate or watch football on TV.  It is a staple to our Fall! Here is my recipe:



1 pound ground beef
1/2 pound of bacon
1 onion
pepper to taste
All cooked together over medium heat. Then add the meat to a large pot of:
1 can tomato sauce
1 can rotel
1/4 cup sliced jalapenos
3 cans of chili beans
1 pkg McCormick's chili seasoning (original)

I like mine with sharp cheddar and sour cream on top (the above picture must be Michael's bowl because he prefers no sour cream)!  Also good with cornbread or tortilla chips!  We also like to enjoy Sam Adams Oktoberfest or other Fall flavored beer with it. 




Happy Tailgating everyone!