Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thoughts On Thursday

I told you I was going to make a good attempt to keep up with a couple of blog series!  Well here I am for the 2nd time in a week with a Thoughts On Thursday!  I am going to start backtracking and post our summer while doing Thoughts On Thursday (possibly moving Tuesdays???), a Football Friday post, and weekend wrap-ups.

1.  I have been reading a lot this Summer and I read Good Enough Is The New Perfect.  I struggle with balancing everything and this book really spoke to me.  The chapter I needed the most was on being a "good enough wife".   It has made a difference in how I approach my marriage and relationship with Michael.  I highly recommend this book to any woman struggling to find the right balance in life!

2.  It's consignment season again!  I sent 120 items to a sale 3 weeks ago and have another 30 at one starting this weekend!  I have already found some good deals for Nicholas to wear this Fall and Winter!  I have also noticed that in the 4T-5T sections the selections are getting smaller.  I am sad that consignment shopping may be ending soon for me.  

3.  Nicholas is in PreK this year and just casually told my mom a couple of weeks ago that he wanted a "pack pack" and lunch box.  This arrived on our front porch last week...

4.  About 6 weeks ago I joined a new gym and I have really enjoyed the change.  It is a little further from home so I am losing about 15 minutes a day, but I'm still seeing a change and losing weight, so I'm happy!  There is a lot more room for growth there and my personal favorite part...the stair mills and ellipticals have TVs!  It makes the time fly by! 

5.  Anyone else excited for Fall?!  I saw this at Costco a couple of weeks ago and it made my heart happy!  :-)  I'm ready for cooler weather, pumpkin spice lattes, sweaters and boots and all the other things that come with Fall.

6.  Speaking of Fall coming, who else is happy that college football started TONIGHT?!  Last week's post on football was one of my most read posts and I received a lot of feedback.  I have a lot of friends who are also coaches families and coaches wives, so I've decided to make a weekly Football Friday post, starting tomorrow with a guest post from a surprise guest!  It will be my 1st ever guest writer and it is a fabulous post that you do not want to miss!  Hope you come back tomorrow to see what this person has to say about football season!