Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Well, it's 2013! I can't believe it! Time is just flying these days. We rung in the new year with some of our closest families, the Millers and Castleberrys. It was fun just to have a fun night at home instead of out like usual.
The Millers left before I could get a picture with them in it.  :-(  Nicole and I have had some fun times together over the past 12 years that we've been friends, but this one will go down in the books as one of the most fun!
These kids sure did have fun!  It took me a good 45 minutes to get the playroom back in order, but that is ok!   I put on FB and twitter that somewhere between now and 5 years ago we've gone from sequins, heels and suits to jeans, sweaters, and toddlers running wild and legos all over the playroom, but you know what...I wouldn't change it for the world! I love where we are now in our lives.
Nicole brought some sparkling grape juice for the kids and McKinley was more than happy to pose for me with it.  She is definitely our little model!
And then there was N, who REFUSED to stand still for a picture, but he was sporting his tux. :-)
Today we've just had a quiet, lazy, kind day of doing nothing and it's been fabulous! I've gotten a lot done over my 4 day weekend. It was good to have a few days to make a few freezer meals, get the house back in order, and just be with my family.  The only exciting thing we did today was to go buy paint for Nicholas' big boy room makeover...more on that over the weekend!

I cooked a dinner of pork chops, black eyed peas, sautéed collard greens, and cornbread. We are determined to have a good year and didn't want to jinx ourselves by not eating a lucky meal. :-)  It was my first attempt at the greens and they were so good!  Going to have to add that to the weekly menu.

Keeping with my new year's resolution, I'm cutting back on social media at night and focusing more on my boys and just being present, so I'm about to cuddle up on the couch with the big boy and watch a movie.  However, first I wanted to take a minute to answer these 5 questions I saw on Kelly's blog.  Be sure to answer them too in the comments or even on your own blog (but leave me a link so I know to read them!).
1. What are you most thankful for?
I am thankful for my family, good health of my family, fabulous friends, and good jobs that provide for our family.


2. What were the highlights of 2012 for you?
They are all listed in the previous post, but the highlights of the highlights were: Nicholas' big boy bed, Nana's new home, Michael's sister getting married, Nicholas' 2nd birthday, my dad returning to coaching high school football, my dad's team making it to the 2nd round of the playoffs, Disney on Ice, and all the holidays with a fun loving toddler!

3. What are you hoping for in 2013?
Continued health of my family, not losing any loved ones, many good times with those we love.

4. What were some of your favorites of 2012? (Clothes, movies, songs, TV shows, )
My favorite trends of 2012 were: skinny jeans, boots, chunky jewelry (especially Britta beads), and 1 shoulder tops/dresses last summer.  My favorite TV shows are Nashville, Scandal, and always Real Housewives of New Jersey.  I may be cutting back, but I LOVE Twitter and Instagram.  I have made some amazing new friends there that I am so thankful for.

5. Who was God to you in 2012?

God gave me a lot of strength in 2012.  He got me through some rough spots dealing with my Nana's move, Michael closing his business, and some personal struggles.  I am hoping in 2013 to spend a lot more time in prayer and to be a much better wife and mother.  God knows where I need help and I hope He will help me to improve in those areas.

Now, your turn!!!  I can't wait to read your answers!!!!