Sunday, July 8, 2012

Oh "Two"dles! Nicholas Is TWO!!!

It's hard to believe that my little man is TWO!!!  Yesterday was the day to celebrate Nicholas and his second birthday!  When I was on maternity leave and Nicholas spent 20 out of 24 hours a day screaming from his GI issues we watched a LOT of Mickey's Clubhouse while bouncing in our bouncer.  I decided then that for his 2nd birthday I wanted to do a Oh "Two"dles party!  Last year we had the Safari party to match his room decor, but I knew that by the time he was 2 he would have his favorite things and Mickey is DEFINITELY in the top 3 favorites!  I love planning and having parties, so we blew it out...yet again!  We had a great turnout and a wonderful time!

Here is the adorable birthday boy!  My friend Chea made his outfit and it was too cute for words...until someone had a diaper accident and ended up in khaki shorts for the party!
 The cake table.  I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED how cute it all turned out!!!  We had cupcakes and I made chocolate Mickey head lollipops and candies Friday night.  I also made ears which I also had on the table.
 My mom had the awesome idea of a bubble station for the kids.  It was a huge hit and all the kids loved it.  My cousins helped me by staying under the tent and running the station for us.  Nicholas spent a lot of time with the bubbles.
 The food table.  We also had a hot dog bar on the back counter.


 Nicholas didn't really know what to think of the attention when everyone was singing Happy Birthday to him.  He was more focused on getting into a cupcake! :-)
 Nicholas was more into opening his gifts this year and was so funny.  He loved everything and we are going to have a busy day today of opening everything up.
 My inside pics turned out bad, but here is one of the three of us.  Poor Michael spent the first part of the party grilling hot dogs in 95 degree heat, so I didn't make him dress for the theme.  :-)
Our little man was WORN OUT!  We had some friends that stayed until almost 10 and we finally got him in the bed around 9:30.  He slept until 9:30 this morning!  He probably partied a little too much, but he comes by that naturally!  Haha!  I'll be back tomorrow with a details post of all the decorations and show you the crafting that I did for the Oh Twodles Extravaganza!  I'm excited to show you all the little details that made it so fun!