Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Balloon Wreath Tutorial

 I had a ton of twitter, FB, email, and blog questions about my balloon wreath, so I thought I would post a tutorial blog post.  Y'all, this was by far the easiest, quickest craft I did for the party!  I saw the original idea here, but tweaked it a little to make it easier for me.  Here is how I did it:

I used the following supplies:
- 4 packs of 72, 12" balloons from Factory Card Outlet in blue, yellow, black, and red
- 1 Styrofoam wreath, which I spray-painted black to match my door
- 1 package of floral pins
- 1 small Mickey Mouse

I got all of my supplies out on the rug and spread out the balloons (obviously this was done after bedtime for the toddler).  I arranged them into groups of 4 randomly every time and then put a pin around them like this...

I just filled the front of the balloon, then the side, and done!  It literally only took me about 45 minutes!  Quick, easy, and very cute!
When the wreath was finished, I used the pins to secure Mickey to the center of the bottom part of the wreath and he stayed until I unpinned him to give to N.  It was a huge hit and everyone commented on it.  Hope this helps to explain how I made it, if not, feel free to comment and I'll try to answer your question.