Sunday, August 21, 2011

Our Boring Weekend

We have had a fairly quiet, low key weekend, but a productive one!  Nicholas and I spent the day Friday buying groceries, doing laundry, and picking up the house.  That has to be the worst part of vacation...coming home to the chores!  Nicholas had a mini-meltdown until we brought his car inside Thursday night, so this is how he has spent 80% of his weekend...
Pretty sure he has put about 500 miles on his car this weekend!

Yesterday I went to the Sweet Weepeats consignment sale in Chattanooga.  It isn't my favorite, but it was still decent.  I found a few shirts and onesies for Fall, 2 pair of Gap jeans, and a fleece vest/pants/onesie set from Carter's (I LOVED these sets last Winter).   I got all of this for $26.50!
When I got home I threw myself into preparing 5 nights worth of freezer meals and 10 twice baked potatoes.  It only took me around 90 minutes to prepare and all I have to do now is come home and cook!  I am doing a post of nothing but freezer meals tomorrow, but here are a few of the things I made. 2 chili mac casseroles, 1 chicken pot pie, and 1 meatloaf:
While I was doing that my husband was gaining bonus points in the garage by listing his home gym on Craigslist (since he doesn't have time for it anymore :(   and  cleaning up the garage.  I am ready to park in there again since Fall is coming up!
Too bad he put this on his ad..."I'm selling my home gym to free up some space in my garage. For some crazy reason my wife wants to park in there."  Um, no, you haven't used it in 2 yrs and I'm tired of running over it in the garage! Haha!

Last night we went to our friend and neighbor Scott's birthday party.  We had fun and it was great getting together with everyone.  I know I say this a lot, but it is awesome having such amazing neighbors and friends right across the street!

Today we have been in the middle of toddler hell.  My sweet, easygoing Nicholas is teething and he is NOT happy about it!  We had planned to go to a splash park this afternoon, but someone wouldn't take an early nap and threw such epic temper tantrums, he is now taking a nap! I'm using this time to do some posts to publish during the week, plan the next week of freezer meals, and to work on our schedule for the next couple of months.  Things are looking BUSY from middle September until Christmas!  I'm glad we have a day to be lazy, not too many more of those for a while!