Friday, July 29, 2011

A Couple of Sundays of Firsts

Ok, first off, I know I am waaaaaaaay behind on my blog. I really do enjoy blogging, but sometimes I feel so overwhelmed by working, things at home, and work that it just doesn't always get done.  However, N and I are having a sick day since we both are sick, so I'm going to do a post or two to schedule. I've got to get caught up!!!

I've told you before that we live in a very family friendly city that has some awesome attractions for kids and families.  My parents gave us a family membership to the Tennessee Aquarium for Nicholas' birthday and we went for the first time the Sunday before last.  Needless to say, he LOVED it!
 Our aquarium has two buildings, the River Journey and the Ocean Journey.  We decided to go to the River part because Michael and I had never been there, it is the newer side.  There were penguins, huge fish, sharks, swordfish, crabs, jellyfish...






The big kid had a good time too. He seemed to enjoy the stingray touching exhibit.


 We are hoping to go back to the River side soon. Maybe this weekend...who knows!  Afterward we walked across the street to one of our favs, Buffalo Wild Wings!  Nicholas and I split chicken tenders and fries and I think he ate more than I did! Ha!

 This past Sunday we were invited to spend the day at the lake with our neighbors.  Johnathan's family own a lake house not too far from where I grew up. It was fun to spend a day on the lake near my old house (where I spent a LOT of time on the water in high school and college).  I also realized that I missed our boat after spending time on one.  Oh well, I still think it would be too hard to keep N entertained on a boat for any significant amount of time.
  After just playing in the lake for a few minutes we watched our friends tube.  Here is Marc and his son Will.  Nicholas LOVES Will!

 (Don't worry, the boat was stopped. I held onto him when it was moving.) 
Nicholas and I rode with Johnathan, Marc, Norma, Will, and Aiden while Michael rode in Scott and Jane's boat.  Will took this picture of my sweet boy and I.  He LOVED riding.  He would clap faster as the boat went faster and seemed to love his hair blowing in the wind! Ha!
 Needless to say, I had one tired, dirty boy when we got home that evening.  He was ready for a bath and the bed!