Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Back to School In New Shoes

Nicholas and I returned to our normal routine today.  There were some very sweet, dedicated ladies at Nicholas' school that spent the night last night to ensure that they were open today.  (Another benefit to a hospital daycare, they HAVE to be open)  It was very icy and cold today with a high of only 27, but tomorrow will be worse, so I decided to take a chance and venture out.  We did need four wheel drive to get to the main road, but once there, it was all ok.  I did hit ice twice on the way back, once leaving work and on the interstate (that was a little scary).

Nicholas wanted to show you what he wore to school for the first time today...shoes! (We hope Gigi didn't pass out from excitement since she thinks he should always have on shoes!)  It was so cold, I thought it would be good to wear them.  Our neighbor got these for him when he was born.  He seemed to really like them. (he did have on socks, just couldn't see them)

Also, I just had to show you what Nicholas did last night.  Apparently snow days can wear a baby out!  I left him playing with his table and when I came back 30 seconds later, this is what I saw. I thought it was pretty cute!