Monday, December 27, 2010

Old Friends and New Friends

I have had the fortune to have two good friends in my life for almost as long as I can remember, and ironically, they are both named Lauren.  Lauren Fletcher and I met at church when we were four and five.  I was a year older, but we have been friends all of these years (almost 25 years now!).  Lauren and David had the adorably, precious Dawson three years ago and his pictures just made my day so many times when I was feeling sad or down.  They live a few hours away, so I do not get to see them very often, but they came by last night for our boys to meet!  I think this picture is hilarious...

They did actually play together a little, but mostly Nicholas jumped in his jumperoo and Dawson played with some of Nicholas' toys or with Spencer.  He wasn't too interested in "baby".  Haha!

 We decided to try to get a picture of the four of us.  Needless to say, that did NOT go well!  Ha!  Dawson refused to smile and Nicholas discovered that the ornaments and icicles on the tree came off.  Haha!

We had a great time and we hope to see the Fletcher Family again soon!  Maybe one of these days we will make it over to the 'boro to visit!

You know how I told you that I had a worn out baby Saturday night after two days of Christmas, well, he slept FOURTEEN hours Saturday night and FIVE hours during the day on Sunday!  Haha!  Of course, he didn't nap at school today though.  Ugh!  How does this kid survive on such little sleep and continue to be an overall happy baby?!!!