Friday, December 31, 2010

2010, Best Year of Our Lives

2010 was the best year of our lives.  We went from a heartbroken couple facing infertility to a family of three.  We saw the work of God in our lives and we are so thankful for the journey He took us on.  Even in the worst of times, we grew because of what He was showing us.  Nicholas is such a miracle and we are honored to be his parents. Here is a look at the highlights from 2010 and what I want to remember most.

January-we celebrated our 5th anniversary on January 8, but I had the flu and morning sickness (a TERRIBLE combo! Ha!), so we didn't do anything.  We also had two significant snow storms which is unusual for our area.  I also felt so bad that month, that there really aren't any pictures to post about!  Ha!
 February - God answered our prayers on February 10 with an ultrasound showing us that we were having a healthy baby.  We also found out that day that we would have a boy! (I think he looks like his ultrasound, don't you?)
We went out to eat with my parents that night to celebrate a healthy baby and for my Dad's birthday.
 March - we had a quite March just resting before a very busy April.  We did get the nursery set up.  Here was a picture when he were still working on it.
 April was the beginning of a very crazy two months.  We celebrated our 29th birthdays on April 10 and 13.
 We took a daytrip to Helen, GA that weekend.  
 On April 24, Courtney and I get to meet a lot of our blog friends at a Beth Moore Conference.  Here we are with Jenna and Lianna.
 May was a special month for me.  I celebrated my first Mother's Day and My Nana's 80th birthday.

 We were also showered by our friends and family with FOUR showers.  We were so blessed!
 Michael also traded my BMW for something a little more family friendly!
 In June we spent most of our time resting and enjoying the "quiet before the storm".  We had our families over for Father's Day and just enjoyed spending our last month together just the two of us.
 I was also put on modified best rest after my blood pressure spiked to 165/95 at 35 weeks.  I was allowed to work, but to stay off my feet as much as possible. Here are my feet after a day at work.
July - We went to bed on June 30 thinking we still had another week before we met our little miracle, but he had other plans...here we are at 4:29 am on July 1.

 We brought Nicholas home on July 4.  I was so happy to finally have a stork in my yard.  :-)
 August - I was off work for twelve weeks after Nicholas was born and I spent a lot of that time just admiring my precious boy.
 At five weeks we moved him to his own bed at night.  He hasn't been in his pack n play since!
 We also went to church for the first time at five weeks.  He was so good that day!
 September - We showed our team spirit and cheered on the Vols!

 As the month came to a close, mommy had to go back to work and Nicholas started "school".  This was his first day, September 27.
 October started another busy time for us.  Nicholas went to his first birthday party and rode a pony!  He was pretty impressed!  Haha!
 He had his first halloween.  He was a cute little giraffe!
 We also went to the pumpkin patch and brought home two big pumpkins and one small one...for Nicholas.
 November - we started to notice that Nicholas was enjoying his toys and playing more.  His favorite seems to be his jumperoo.
 We also spent our first major holiday together as a family, Thanksgiving.  We spent the day giving thanks for the sweet miracle joining us this year.
 December - Nicholas loved the lights and festivities of Christmas.  He was such a trooper.

 On Christmas Day God gave us another blessing, a white Christmas!  It was the first Christmas snow in Chattanooga since 1989 and only the 3rd in 50 years!  I spent the past two Christmases asking God that if He did give me a baby, let he/she have a white first Christmas...and He did!
I hope the New Year brings many blessings to you and your family.  From our house to yours, 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!