Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I've Caught The Fever...


Royal Wedding Fever that is!!!!  How could you not?  I am loving Kate and William and I think they are a great couple.  I have hope for this marriage.  She has been around the family for over eight years, I think she knows what is in store for her.  I think she is so classy and beautiful and I think his mother would be so happy with his choice.

I have a confession to make, all of my life I've been obsessed with all things royal.  I love all things Windsor and I guess you could say that my trip to London was basically my journey to Mecca.  I couldn't get enough of the royal jewels, palaces, cathedrals, etc that I had read about and seen pictures of in countless magazines since I was three or four years old.  Yes, you read that right, this obsession literally spans my entire lifetime! Haha!  I can remember watching Prince Andrew marry Sarah Ferguson when I was five years old...and I probably still have a people magazine about it somewhere that my Nana bought for me!  Imagine my giddy happiness today when I realized that there was going to be another royal wedding!!!  It's hard to say what my deepest love is, weddings or royals???  Admit it, who doesn't consider Diana's wedding one of the classiest of all time?  I think the trumpets and great flare was fabulous.  I even walked down the aisle to Trumpet Voluntary, oh yes I did!  I also LOVE that Kate is sporting Diana's ring, but I am praying she doesn't bust that dress out of storage (the one thing I didn't like about the wedding, it was a bit over the top)!  :-)

Tonight while discussing the royal wedding with some girls on twitter I thought it would be fun to have a "bloggy royal wedding party" the day of the big wedding.  I say we all pull out our biggest, fanciest hats (because who doesn't love to see all the big, fun hats at a royal wedding), take picture of yourself, and post it to link I will have on my blog that day!  Who says you can't pretend that you attended the big event!  We'll just do it bloggy style!  So, when we get close to the big day, watch for details on how to attend the bloggy wedding party!