Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I'm Back

Sorry I've been MIA for a week or so now, but our house has been torn apart for the past week and my computer was not in service (and I don't have time to blog from work). So, I'm sure you're wondering why our house has been torn up. We have been in the process of changing our home office into the nursery, selling our office furniture, and making an office area in our kitchen.

Here is a summary of what we've been up to this week...

I've signed up for 8 sessions of prenatal yoga last Wednesday and I am so glad I did. It makes a huge difference (although tonight I'm a little sore!). I'm trying to stay as flexible as possible since I'm having such bad hip/pelvis pain. When I got home last Wednesday, this is what was waiting for me in the mailbox! I.LOVE.THEM!
THANK YOU Chea for making those for me! They are seriously the cutest things ever! You understand my deep love for all things monogrammed...especially baby things!

Sunday Michael's dad came in to town to bring him a pressure washer so he could clean off the fence, house, driveway, and sidewalk. Well, he didn't just bring a pressure washer! He brought two HUGE boxes of diapers and one large box of wipes! I was so excited to add them to the box I bought the day before at BRU.
Tuesday on Michael's day off he started actually cleaning out the office (not just cleaning out the desk taking apart the computer, etc). We sold our furniture on Saturday and the guy came to get it yesterday, so this is what I came home to! Very exciting! All I need to do now is go through a few last piles of my stuff, take the pictures down (they were hanging around the desk), patch the walls where they were, touch up some paint, and we are ready for our crib! My goal is to have it all done by Saturday afternoon. Hopefully the rain forecasted for Saturday will hold off in the afternoon so my dad can take me to pick up my crib (we don't have a truck to haul it in). This is what Nicholas' room looks like tonight (excuse the current mess!)...With moving our home office out, we had A LOT of stuff that needed a home in our house. We've been trying to organize it into "acceptable" bins to have on display (the hot pink ones will go in the attic) and we set our leaning bookshelf/desk back up (some of you longtime readers may remember it from the living room before the fire) in the kitchen and made our computer area there. WE LOVE IT there! I also moved my wine cabinet into the foyer, which I love. Thanks to my parents for coming over on Monday to help Michael move those things.
I think the red lamp looks kind of cool with the dark floors and bright walls.
We are super happy with the new office area. It is so much better being in the main living area again. I think I will be blogging more often not having to go to the other side of the house to do it.

Well, that is pretty much our week in a nutshell. As soon as I get a week 22 picture I'll have that up for you. I'm going to add the 21 week pic to that post now. I've been sleeping better (knock on wood, I hate saying that outloud) and Nicholas is starting to move like crazy. I forgot to mention this on the last post, but Michael started feeling him at 20 weeks and 4 days. He has been able to feel him once or twice since. I swear this kid knows if someone tries to feel him. He did the same thing for my friend at work today!


Jenn said...

Wow, I bet you are getting so excited having everything out of Nicholas' room! Have fun preparing the nursery. I loved doing that :)

Jenna said...

I love all the personalized stuff (you know it's my weaknesses!) and the office looks so great!