Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

We had a busy, full day yesterday. I started the day with a manicure/pedicure then I came home to put on taco soup for dinner before going back out to meet my mom for some retail therapy (read: Christmas decoration shopping). On my way back out I saw a bad wreck right at the TN/GA state line. The nurse in me knew that I had to stop and help. By the time I got out in the rain and called 911 I realized the two drivers were hurt. So, I called Dr. Barker who was on call, told him I knew that at least two patients were coming in and gave him the same details I gave 911 while trying to keep the other witnesses from pulling the two drivers out of the cars (that should only be done by EMS after securing their neck and head in case they have a spinal injury). I am anxious to get to work tomorrow to see how they are doing.

I came home a few hours later and picked up the house and finished getting things ready for Rodney and Sarah to come over to watch the game, as well as a few friends that I knew would be by for Halloween. Then it was time to turn on the porch light, get the candy ready, and have some fun!
We had 70 trick or treaters by 6:30 and the two $10 bags of candy I bought a Walmart last week were GONE! It was a candy emergency!!!! So, I ran to Ingles and restocked!


Spencer got in costume and even I put on my Halloween shirt!



Fairy Princess Addi from down the street came by, but it was so busy when she was here that we didn't have time to take her picture, so I stole this one off her mom's facebook! :-)

Cinderella, I mean McKinley, came by to visit. She even had pretty silver shoes!


Today, we had one last trick or treater, Jackson from across the street came by to show me his super cute lego costume! Awesome idea, Andrea, I LOVE it! (he was out of town last night)


Hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween!

5 comments:

Lianna Knight said...

Love the front door...and the lego costume is SO cute!

Todd and Courtney said...

So so cute!!! That lego costume is awesome. I'd never think of that!

Kendra said...

WOW..that's divine intervention that you were driving by right as you were needed at that accident.

Praise the Lord you knew what to do!!

Becky said...

Cute! Looks like you had a lot of fun! I have been praying......

Lauren said...

Awwww, so fun, and loved all the pics.

That was amazing that you were able to be there to help those people involved in the wreck!!!