Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Same Song, Different Verse

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. Psalms 130:5

Today started the next round of drugs for me. It's CD 5, so the femara came out of the cabinet today to join it's friends, baby aspirin and folic acid on the daily medication regiment. Although I am happy to report that since the FDA only approves femara for use as a cancer drug, insurance paid for it t(except my $50 copay!!!!)!

I am excited to start it, but nervous that I might miss my CD 14 US due to jury duty. I'm sure my doctor will work something out with me, but it still makes me SUPER nervous that I might be taking this without any monitoring next week (if I'm chosen for duty). I am taking 2.5 mg twice daily on CD 5-9 (today through Sunday). I am due for my US next Friday at 8:15, hopefully if I do get selected for jury duty I'll be off by then.

Also today I had the first phase of my root canal! Fun times I tell you! Ha! I have always had terrible teeth, even though I brush, floss, and do everything I'm supposed to. Anyway, this was actually one of the most comfortable dental procedures I've had...until the lidocaine wore off this afternoon! It is throbbing pretty good now, so I'm planning on taking some pain meds and lying down. I'm sure by tomorrow it will be MUCH better.

Hope you are having a good week!

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Root canal - ick.
Jury duty - double ick.
Femara - yay!

Let me tell you, I hated Clomid - all NINE cycles of it. But Femara was good - I did 4 cycles of it and had 0 size effects! You're in my prayers always!

MomMom said...

Since you're having medical procedures going on at the same time, do you think you could be excused from jury duty this time? It's worth a try. Sorry about the root canal--no fun. Praying for a baby soon!

Lianna Knight said...

Praying for you Amanda...

Aishlea said...

Praying this new med works for you! Maybe you won't be selected once you get there???

Lauren said...

Aww, girl, praying for you!!