Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's Been One Of Those Days

AM UPDATE: Cycle number whatever, too many to count, is here. Looks like I'll be starting clomid Monday! I'll update later and let you know what the OB says about doing my FSH on Saturday.

I have sunk deep down in a hole again. I have been so excited to start my new cycle (for the first time EVER) and today was supposed to be the day (and NO I AM NOT PREGNANT, I've made sure), which was perfect, I could have had my day 3 labs on Friday just in time for the weekend. Well, it's already 7:00 pm and no cycle in sight. :-( I guess my labwork will either be skewed by not being on the best day or not at all. I am planning on calling his office tomorrow to ask what to do. I just feel like my body is letting me down AGAIN.

I've just been struggling this week. Since Sunday afternoon, I've just been sad. I have also had a bad week at work and been in the worst PMS mood EVER (just to be honest). At one point this morning I just shut my office door and cried, out of nowhere. I just had one phone call too many, one too many demanding patients and for some reason just got overwhelmed and that made me feel guilty and like a bad nurse. (thank goodness for my good friend Lindsay that just happened to call my cell phone when I was at that low point! she is an awesome surgery resident and an even better friend!) I also had to miss a dinner to come home for yet something else fire related. WHEN will that whole experience EVER end?!

So, now I have a question. For those of you who have taken clomid and had a cycle day 3 FSH drawn, has anyone ever had to wait over a weekend and have it drawn on day 4 or 5?


Oh! I almost forgot! I am now officially a Lia Sophia advisor!!! I would LOVE to help you host a fun girls night out party. Seriously, it is fun and you can't beat getting a TON of free jewelry!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm sorry you've been sad. I wish there were some words that would make you feel better, but I think words would probably fall short. Just know that you are not alone, and things WILL get better.

Lianna Knight said...

Hang in there girl!!! We are getting ready to do an IUI cycle with clomid...this is IF I'm not already pregnant this cycle. This will be the first time I've done IUI with medication, so I'm not a lot of help with your questions. But, I'm looking forward to hearing what your doctor has to say. Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Still praying for you girl!

Beth said...

I'm sorry you have had a sad day :( Hopefully this weekend you can do something fun to make up for it!

Lauren said...

Girl, thinking of you and hope your day is better today :)

Anna said...

Aw, I didn't know you were having such an awful day yesterday. My internet crashed so I couldn't blog after I got home. :( I hope things are better today.