Monday, July 13, 2015

Going From One to Two

One thing that has always worried me about having two children is how it would effect Nicholas. I already love our new little addition and can't wait to meet her, but I worry how it will impact them both. Being an only child, I feel like I have no clue how to love two children or how to show two children equal attention. I'm starting to get really anxious and nervous about baby sister's arrival because of that. 

For five years it's just been the three of us. Within the last couple of years we have finally gotten into a great routine and comfortable in our role as parents. I have no clue what a second child will do to our lives. I'm so excited to welcome her and get to know her, but at the same time, worried about how she will fit into our family. I know she will be loved, a lot, but will they both feel loved equally? Will one resent the other or us? 

I know these are normal feelings (I think??? I hope???) and pray every night that we have made sure Nicholas feels secure and loved no matter what. Lately, when he wants to cuddle I drop whatever I'm doing or if he wants to play video games, we do it. I want him to know he is still important and loved just as much as ever. 

We've decided to do one activity every weekend before she arrives to focus on Nicholas and each other by doing something we all love to do that may not be easy to do with a baby. So far we have really enjoyed that special family time!  We have 10 weekends at the very most to spend just the three of us and I plan to make the most of it! (I also have some fun mommy and Nicholas dates planned for us to do once a month or so after sister comes)

Last weekend we went to Buffalo Wild Wings and played games and trivia. It was so much fun and something we loved doing before we had Nicholas. Even Nicholas loved it and has already asked to go back! Ha!

This past weekend we went to see the Minion movie and ate popcorn for dinner!  That's living on the edge for me! Haha!
 

It's so hard to believe we are so close to meeting the little person who will complete our family. I'm so excited! I cannot wait to see the love between my two babies and how she will bless our family, but in the meantime, I plan to soak in all of the time I can with my sweet little man and his Daddy.